From The Quentin Tarantino Archives
Revision as of 15:56, 6 May 2008 by Admin
DOUBLE DARE is a double-barreled, action-packed documentary about two Hollywood stuntwomen, Jeannie Epper and Zoe Bell. Jeannie, who refuses to retire at sixty-four, doubled for Wonder Woman in the 70's, and Zoe landed the coveted job of doubling for Xena at the age of eighteen. Amanda Micheli's award-winning film is a bittersweet look at two dedicated women in male-dominated Tinseltown as they struggle to stay working, stay thin, and stay sane.
The cult documentary about the world of stunt doubles, takes the viewer on to a journey into the formerly secret world of female stunt doubles. Also appearing, Quentin Tarantino, since even Uma Thurman's stunt double in Kill Bill is one of the "stars" of Double Dare. A must own for every interested fan.
- 5-time audience award-winner "**** 1/2!" -Film Threat
- "Beautifully captured...a rousing crowdpleaser" -S.F. Chronicle
- "Must-see. delicious" -Seattle Times
- "I cannot recommend it highly enough" - Peter David - Author/Writer
- "Yes this documentary tries to be marketed to Kill Bill fans and Yes this documentary tries to be marketed to Xena fans.... BUT this documentary is so much more. It delivers a very interesting insight view into the hollywood industry showing the work of stunt artists - femal stunt artists - and how they work. A very intimate look at two outstanding artists of their profession and the DVD even offers more: the various deleted scenes, commentaries and interviews even deliver a wider range of information and insight and thus bring to the fan what no documentary before has delivered: a capable and intimate insight into the lives and works of female stunt artists, a profession that made films such as Kill Bill possible" -tarantino.info (Amazon.com review)
Region 1 (USA) Editions