From The Quentin Tarantino Archives
- Burton Leon Reynolds Jr. (February 11, 1936 - September 8, 2018) was an American actor, director and producer.
- Selected Filmography: Navajo Joe, Deliverance, White Lightning, The Longest Yard, Gator, WW and The Dixie Dancekings, Smokey and The Bandit, Hooper, Stick, Sharkey's Machine, The Cannonball Run, Boogie Nights and The Dukes of Hazzard.
- Originally cast as George Spahn in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. On 8 September 2018, Burt passed away. He had not started filming. His friend and previous QT collaborator Bruce Dern was later cast in the role. The lead character Rick Dalton is partly based on Burt. James Marsden portrays Burt in the film but his part was later cut.
- Quentin Tarantino was named after Burt's character "Quint" on the Western TV show Gunsmoke.
- One of Quentin Tarantino's favorite actors.
- Quentin also used some of the Charles Bernstein score from the 1973 Good Ol Boy film White Lightning (which Burt starred in) in Kill Bill: Volume 1. This film is one of QTs favorites.