Hell Ride movie references guide
From The Quentin Tarantino Archives
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
work in progress
- The Hell Ride soundtrack includes tracks from old biker films (The Hard Ride, Hell's Belles, The Savage Seven, The Wild Angels and Devil's Angels)
- Some of Larry Bishop's old biker movies include: Wild in the Streets, Chrome and Hot Leather, The Savage Seven and Angel Unchained.
References to Tarantino movies
- there is a scene with Michael Madsen that is somewhat similar to the torture scene in Reservoir Dogs, where they talk about cutting of people's heads (or pinkies) as proof/trophy as well as scenes where characters are tied to chairs, injured and then burned with gasoline.
- David Carradine, Laura Cayouette, Michael Madsen and Larry Bishop himself had roles in Kill Bill; Dennis Hopper was in True Romance.
- the soundtrack includes tunes composed by Robert Rodriguez for Kill Bill: Volume 2. One of the tracks is by Patricia Vonne, how has appeared in Sin City and Four Rooms.
- a number of locations from Kill Bill have been re-used in Hell Ride