From The Quentin Tarantino Archives
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
- Django (originally spelled Jango) is an African-American slave who becomes a professional bounty hunter under the tutelage of Dr. King Schultz.
- Django goes back to a character of the same name in the movie of the same name, played by Franco Nero: The spaghetti western Django of 1966 directed by Sergio Corbucci. Click here to read more on that
- Django's green jacket and cowboy hat were patterned after the ones Little Joe (Michael Landon) wore on the Western TV series Bonanza.
- Django's sunglasses are a replica of the ones Charles Bronson wears in the film The White Buffalo (1977)
- "I like the way you die boy."
- "The name's Django...the D is silent."
- "Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?"