Difference between revisions of "Burt Reynolds"
From The Quentin Tarantino Archives
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
*Originally cast as [[George Spahn]] in [[Once Upon a Time in Hollywood]]. On 8 September 2018, Burt
*Originally cast as [[George Spahn]] in [[Once Upon a Time in Hollywood]]. On 8 September 2018, Burt passed away. He had not started filming. [[Bruce Dern]] was later cast
Revision as of 18:50, 27 September 2018
- Burton Leon Reynolds Jr. (born February 11, 1936) is an American actor, director and producer.
- Selected Filmography: Navajo Joe, Deliverance, White Lightning, The Longest Yard, Gator, WW and The Dixie Dancekings, Smokey and The Bandit, Hooper, Stick, Sharkey's Machine, The Cannonball Run, Boogie Nights and The Dukes of Hazzard.
- Originally cast as George Spahn in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. On 8 September 2018, Burt passed away. He had not started filming. His friend and previous QT collaborator Bruce Dern was later cast in the role
- Quentin Tarantino was named after Burt's character "Quint" on the Western TV show Gunsmoke.
- One of Quentin Tarantino's favorite actors.
- Quentin used some of the Ennio Morricone score from the film Navajo Joe (a spaghetti western Burt starred in) in Kill Bill: Volume 2.
- Quentin also used some of the Charles Bernstein score from the 1973 Good Ol Boy film White Lightning (which Burt starred in) in Kill Bill: Volume 1. This film is one of QTs favorites.