The Hateful Eight/Trivia
From The Quentin Tarantino Archives
- The first film to be shot in the Ultra Panavision 70 process (65mm film with 1.25x squeeze anamorphic lenses, for an aspect ratio of 2.76:1) since Khartoum (1966).
- Was shelved in early 2014 after the script was leaked.
- At a benefit live read at the Theatre at the Ace Hotel in Los Angeles on April 19th, 2014, Samuel L. Jackson played Maj. Marquis Warren, Kurt Russell played John "The Hangman" Ruth, Tim Roth played Oswaldo Mobray, Denis Ménochet played Bob from France, Bruce Dern played Gen. Sanford Smithers, Michael Madsen played Joe Gage, Amber Tamblyn played Daisy Domergue, Walton Goggins played Sheriff Chris Mannix, James Parks played O.B. Jackson, Dana Gourrier played Minnie, Zoë Bell played Six Horse Judy and James Remar played Jody.
- During the film's development stage, Christoph Waltz was rumored for the role of John 'The Hangman' Ruth in the film which would have been Waltz & Tarantino's third film collaboration together but the role eventually went to Kurt Russell.
- This will be the first film directed by Tarantino to have more than a two word title. (Unless you count, "Vol. 1" & "Vol. 2" as words.)
- Jennifer Lawrence was rumored for the role of Daisy Domergue.
- originally budgeted at about 45 million, it ended up at about 60 million