From Dusk Till Dawn movie references guide
From The Quentin Tarantino Archives
From Dusk Till Dawn References
- The dialogue between Kate and Seth while awaiting the final vampire attack ("use 'em on the first couple of these parasites that try to bite you") is virtually word for word from Assault on Precinct 13 (1976). Scott Fuller is wearing a T-shirt with 'Precinct 13' on it.
- The line "I've got six little friends and they can all run faster than you can" is a reference to That Darn Cat! (1965), in which Neville Brand says the same thing to a kidnapping victim.
- The exchange involving Kate's line, "What's in Mexico?" and Richie's response "Mexicans" is from The Wild Bunch (1969).
- The name "Santanico Pandemonium" (character played by Salma Hayek) is inspired by the 1970s nunsploitation film Satanico Pandemonium
- The "Fuller" family are named after writer-director Samuel Fuller, one of the primary influences on Quentin Tarantino's (and everybody's) style of "pulp" cinema.
- One of the growling noises Razor Charlie makes while taunting Sex Machine, is the growl from the ED-209 from Robocop.