From The Quentin Tarantino Archives
Revision as of 15:35, 6 September 2015 by Pete
- Back to Main Page
Crime Scene Investigation (aka CSI Las Vegas) is a TV show. Quentin Tarantino directed the Episodes Grave Danger parts 1 and 2, the Season 5 finale.
Character Nick is being kidnapped by a psychopath killer, and the CSI team is trying to find him. The episodes bear a few of Tarantino's trademarks, such as Garage Rock & Johnny Cash songs, visual references to movies (Lucio Fulci's Zombie) trunk shots, under-ground angles, movie legends in cameo roles, pop culture dialogues and a Kill Bill style cliff-hanger.
- Quentin Tarantino is a big couch potato and regularly participates on television shows whether acting or directing. To date has appeared on such shows as The Golden Girls, All American Girl, Alias, and American Idol. He has directed episodes for ER Emergency Room and CSI. He at one point was interested in directing an episode of the cult hit The X-Files, but was not allowed because he's not a member of the Director's Guild.
- Tarantino has regularly casts from television series he has either worked on or affliated with. It was his suggestion to use George Clooney in From Dusk Till Dawn and has cast Vanessa Ferlito (CSI: New York) and Tracie Thoms (Cold Case) for his film Death Proof.
Cast and Credits
- Marge Hellenberger, Jorja Fox, William Petersen, Gary Dourdan, George Eads, Eric Szmanda and John Saxon
- The two episodes are available seperately (BUY NOW: Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.ca, Amazon.com and NL.bol.com)
- and as part of the Season 5 DVD box. The Season 5 Box (Buy at Amazon.com HERE) also includes a "Tarantino style" documentary.