From The Quentin Tarantino Archives
Revision as of 20:03, 20 November 2017 by Admin
Production will begin mid-2018 for a 2019 release, aiming for an R-rating. The budget is said to be approx $100 million. The deal with Sony Pictures is said to include first-dollar gross and final cut on the film for Quentin.
It will be produced at and distributed with Sony Pictures (worldwide). Producers are David Heyman, Shannon McIntosh and Quentin Tarantino. Executive and line producer: Georgia Kacandes. Quentin's production company for this one is "L. Driver Productions, Inc.", named after Elle Driver (IMDb also lists it for Daltry Calhoun, Full Tilt Boogie, and others). Another production company is Heyday Films, Heyman's company.
Actors and actresses rumored to be in talks for roles are Margot Robbie (as Sharon Tate); Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio (for two possible male leads).
IMDb (no reliable info at this point)
- November 20, 2017: Untitled #9 qualifies for $18m California tax credit
- November 17, 2017: Some plot details emerge as Sony deal is sealed
- November 17, 2017: Sony wins Tarantino picture deal, confirmation
- November 14, 2017: David Heyman joins No.9 as producer
- November 14, 2017: Studios bidding for Tarantino film
- November 13, 2017: Tarantino says film not about Manson, takes place 1969
- November 1, 2017: In search for new home, studios reading Tarantino movie
- October 27, 2017: Studios invited to read Tarantino script at WME
- August 12, 2017: Tarantino says movie being misrepresented as a Manson film
- July 12, 2017: Tarantino's next about Manson murders?
- July 11, 2017: Tarantino prepping new movie
- October 13, 2016: Quentin Tarantino Teases Intriguing New Project, Set in 1970