From The Quentin Tarantino Archives
Lee Donowitz is a character played by Saul Rubinek in True Romance. Lee is a very successful movie producer in Hollywood, who is interested in buying Clarence's cocaine. He meets Clarence at the Ambassador Hotel in order to do the drug deal. He is later killed in the Mexican standoff at the end of the movie between the police and Coccotti's hitmen. His assistant is Elliot Blitzer.
- According to Quentin Tarantino, Lee is in fact, the son of Inglourious Basterds character Sgt. Donny Donowitz.
- Lee: "Elliot! I love this kid!"
- Lee: "Don't give me the finger! I'll fuckin have you killed!!"
- Lee: "Is there a doctor in the house or what?"
- The Lee Donowitz character is said to be inspired by mega movie producer Joel Silver.