Drexl Spivey is a character in True Romance. The character is played by actor Gary Oldman. Oldman delivers a stellar performance as a white man who thinks he's African-American, complete with dreadlocks and gold teeth. Assisted by his overweight bodyguard Marty, he's a ruthless individual as shown by his scarred face and one dead eye. He is Alabama Whitman's pimp and is later murdered by her new husband Clarence Worley. In the process of taking Alabama's clothes and belongings back from Drexl, Clarence later discovers he has mistakenly grabbed a suitcase full of cocaine which is owned by the Mafia.
- Drexl: "Sit down boy, grab yourself an eggroll. We got everything here from a diddle eyed Joe to a damned if I know."
- Drexl: "Up on that screen is a woman with her breastesses hangin out, you aint even bothered to look. You just been clockin ME. Now I know I'm pretty, but I ain't as pretty as a couple o' titties."
- Drexl: "Hey Marty! You know what we got here?! Motherfuckin Charlie Bronson!...Mr. Majestyk.....look here Charlie...I don't got no hold over Alabama...I was just tryin to lend a girl a helpin hand..."
- Drexl: "He musta thought it was white boy day...it ain't white boy day is it?"
- Marty: Naw man it ain't white boy day".
- In the film Reservoir Dogs, Joe Cabot mentions an individual named Marsellus Spivey. The name seems to be an amalgam of two of Tarantino's villians, crime boss Marsellus Wallace (Pulp Fiction), and the pimp Drexl Spivey (True Romance).
- Drexl's line "From a diddle-eyed Joe, to a damned-if-I-know." was used by Holdaway in the film Reservoir Dogs.
- The movie Drexl is watching on TV is the 1973 Blaxploitation classic: The Mack.