is a 2012 movie by Quentin Tarantino
- Release dates: December 25, 2012 (USA), January 17, 2013 (Germany) see all
In the American South, two years before The Civil War begins, a slave named Django is set free by Dr. King Schultz a German bounty hunter so he can help track down some criminal brothers/slavers who had owned him previously. After their initial team-up, the new friends continue to ride along together during which Dr. Schultz teaches Django how to be a proficient professional outlaw catcher and deadly pistoleer. When Schultz later learns of Django's estranged slave wife Broomhilda, who was sold off to a wealthy plantation owner named Calvin Candie, the two men hatch a plan to infiltrate Candie's estate and rescue her.
- Alternate titles: Django Desencadenado (Spain), Django Livre (Brazil), Освобожденный Джанго (Russia), Django Sin Cadenas (Latin America, Spanish title), Django Scatenato (Italy, unofficial), DJANGO, Ο ΤΙΜΩΡΟΣ (Greece), Django Déchaîné (Quebec)
- Shooting Locations: Simi Valley, California, the Alabama Hills in California, Wyoming’s frozen Grand Tetons and “the swamps and plantations” of New Orleans.
- Companies: Super Cool Man Shoe Too (Manchu 2?), The Weinstein Company (domestic distribution), Sony Pictures (intl. distrib.), Brown 26 Productions
- Budget: -
- Production started: Q4 2011
- Script length: 168 pages
- Runtime: 2h 45min (unconfirmed)
- Ratings: R (USA)