From The Quentin Tarantino Archives
Django is the title character in Django Unchained played by Jamie Foxx.
- Django (originally spelled Jango) is an African-American slave who becomes a professional bounty hunter under the tutelage of Dr. King Schultz.
- Django goes back to a character of the same name in the movie of the same name, played by Franco Nero: The spaghetti western Django of 1966 directed by Sergio Corbucci. Click here to read more on that
- Django's green jacket and cowboy hat were patterned after the ones Little Joe (Michael Landon) wore on the Western TV series Bonanza.
- Django's sunglasses are a replica of the ones Charles Bronson wears in the film The White Buffalo (1977)
- "I like the way you die boy."
- "The name's Django...the D is silent."
- "Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?"